2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup Organic Low Sodium Salsa
1 cup water
2 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp garlic powder
(Optional) 1 jalapeno (with or without seeds for spice)
1. Clean chicken breasts by removing all excess fat pieces
2. Add chicken to bottom of crockpot
3. Add salsa, water and dry ingredients on top of chicken and mix well
4. Let sit BEFORE turning crockpot on for 30 minutes
5. Cook on low for about 4 hours (because you are using just chicken breast, you shouldn't need any longer than this even on low).
6. Using tongs and a fork, shred chicken, and add back into remaining juice.
Serve over cilantro-lime cauliflower couscous or on top of a salad!
Makes 5 servings
Recipe submitted by: Neil Pawlowski